All packages include professional indemnity
Single antenatal appointment
We offer one-off appointments where we check you and your baby’s well-being, do all necessary clinical checks and answer all your pregnancy questions. One-off appointments usually last 1 hour and are held in the comfort of your own home.
Harmony screening test
A non-invasive prenatal test (NIPT) that looks at the chromosomal abnormalities in the baby's DNA. This can be 99% accurate (the conventional screening currently offered on the NHS only detects with 70-80% accuracy) in detecting abnormalities for the three most common Trisomy conditions: Down's Syndrome, Patau's Syndrome and Edward's Syndrome (Trisomy 21, 18 and 13). Sex chromosome anomalies including Turner and Klinefelter syndrome can also be checked. The baby's gender can also be tested for and is included in the fee.
The Harmony test is still a screening test and does not replace invasive diagnostics (with the risk of miscarriage). If your results comes back as high risk, you may still choose to have invasive testing which will give you 100% diagnosis.
- Please note you will need to have had an ultrasound scan to check your baby's gestation and whether you are having twins/triplets.
What is involved:
- Telephone consultation to go over the procedure and answer any questions
- A midwife will come to your home to obtain two samples of blood and answer further questions
- These samples will be sent to the laboratory in London for analysis (results back in 3-5 working days)
- A phone call and email to follow if your results show low risk. A home visit if the results come back as high risk.
Full antenatal care package
If you’d like to have full private antenatal care with a known midwife you may like to book an antenatal package. This includes:
- Usually 10-12 visits (depending at what gestation you book)
- Full antenatal care provided in your home with appointments lasting approximately 1 hour. (The booking appointment will last 2 hours).
- Your health and wellbeing and that of the baby will be monitored at each appointment
- During the appointments we will discuss birth preferences and labour & birth preparation, which involves tools such as breathing techniques, massage, and rebozo sifting
- One reflexology session, which can be used at any time of the pregnancy, as a relaxation treatment or after 41 weeks to help with induction of labour
- Package includes the loan of antenatal information resources and a hypnobirthing CD.
Single appointment £150
Private antenatal care package £1500
Antenatal care plus prenatal yoga package £2500
Harmony screening test £425
"Rebecca is an enormously kind, caring, informative and impressive independent midwife and it has been a joy having her help prepare us for parenthood."